Reactive Blocks is an Eclipse based application which requires installing a JDK (Java Developer Kit). To download or share building blocks and build applications, you will also need to register.
Step 1: Install Java
Install the Java SE Development Kit from Oracle. (32bit on Windows: 32bit, Mac OSX and Linux: 64bit)
Step 2: Install Reactive Blocks
For alternative installation options via the Eclipse Marketplace or update sites see below.
- Download Reactive Blocks (see above).
- Extract Reactive Blocks from the downloaded archive in a location of your choice. (The archive already contains one subfolder ‘reactiveblocks-VERSION’.)
- On Linux (Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Mint) it is necessary to install one library:
sudo apt install libwebkitgtk-1.0
- Run Reactive Blocks by executing the extracted program: reactiveblocks.exe (on Windows), reactiveblocks (on Linux), or reactiveblocks-*.app (on Mac)
- Choose a location for your Reactive Blocks workspace, the default will be ‘reactiveblocks-workspace’ in your user-directory.
That’s it. Welcome to the Reactive Blocks world!